Seared Alaska Halibut with Pickled Blueberries
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup cane sugar
- 1 2-inch cinnamon stick
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- 4 6 to 8 ounce Alaska Halibut fillets, fresh or thawed
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup microgreen herbs
- Step 1: Pickle blueberries Stir together 1/3 cup water, vinegar, sugar, cinnamon, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer stirring until sugar and salt are dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in blueberries and onion. Let stand until completely cooled, about 2 hours. If desired, cover and chill until ready to use, up to 1 week.
- Step 2: Prepare halibut Pat the halibut fillets dry with clean paper towels. Sprinkle fillets evenly with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat a large heavy skillet over medium heat until hot; add oil swirling to coat. Add fillets and cook until golden brown on one side, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn fillets over and cook until golden and just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Step 3: To serve Arrange fillets on a serving dish. Using a slotted spoon, top fillets with desired amount of blueberry mixture. Sprinkle with microgreens. Serve immediately.
Click HERE to explore all of your halibut options at Custom Seafoods!