Alaska Sablefish with Ginger-Lime Sauce
- 1 lb. Alaska sablefish fillet skin-on, cut into 4 pieces
- ½ hothouse cucumber unpeeled
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 6 small cloves garlic uncut
Ginger-Lime Dipping Sauce
- 1 tsp garlic chopped
- 2 – 3 Thai bird chiles or 1 serrano chile chopped
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp ginger minced
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp water
- Step 1: Make dipping sauce Place the garlic, chiles, sugar and ginger in a mortar and pound into a paste. Transfer to a small mixing bowl and add the fish sauce, lime juice and water. Set aside 15 minutes before serving.Seed cucumber and cut into long, thin strips about the thickness of angel hair pasta. Add cucumber slices to Ginger-Lime Dipping Sauce and set aside.
- Step 2: Prepare fish Heat vegetable oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook fillets until golden and just done, 2 to 3 minutes per side depending on the thickness. Halfway into the cooking, add whole garlic cloves and cook until soft. Remove fillets and garlic and drain on paper towels.
- Step 3: To serve Arrange fillet on serving plate. Scatter cooked garlic cloves on top. Remove cucumbers from Dipping Sauce and neatly place on fillet. Drizzle some sauce over top and serve the remainder on the side.
Click HERE to explore all of your sablefish options at Custom Seafoods!